Tuesday 19 May 2015

SAGA Jomsviking Warband

These fellas are my most recent paintjob to date. They're from Gripping beast and are quite nice figures to paint, with plenty of character in the faces and the figures themselves. I did a little bit of conversion and basing work, mostly with the Warlord and standard bearer. The flag and shield designs are from LBMS and went on really nicely.

I'm going to have to sell these on unfortunately as I have to move house in a few months and don't have space to store anything. Send me a message if you're interested in them otherwise I'll throw them up on one of the forums and hopefully someone can enjoy gaming with them as much as I enjoyed painting them.



The Warlord which I dismounted from his original metal base and glued onto a bunch of rocks. The ginger beard was calling.


A few single shots of some figures I forgot to photograph in groups





The figures with the chainmail were great to paint, they came up really nicely and had hardly any flash to get rid of




The photos dont really show off a lot of the depth in the clothing, they look much better in real life


I particularly like the faces on these ones, I think I'm slowly improving in painting depth. The shield at far right is a custom design




A few viking beserkers not from the Warband pack




The flag is from LBMS. Couldn't figure out how to photograph it properly. The flagpole is a metal rod cut to length.





As always let me know if you have any tips/comments!

Thanks for looking

No comments:

Post a Comment