Sunday 10 May 2015

First Post- Fallschirmjager

Hey guys,

First post on the new blog and I thought I'd share one of my first 28mm builds. These are the Warlord Games 28mm metal Fallschirmjager (I hear they have plastics in the pipeline now). I tried to get them as accurate as I could with the colours I had but I'm happy to take any suggestions or hints. Splinter camo was definately biting off a bit more than I could chew for one of my first goes.







I tried to get the splinter pattern as angular as possible without going overboard and doing massive sections. The rain streaks were also interesting to balance from a 28mm perspective versus the real thing







I tried to show a little bit of wear on the helmet rims and gasmask canisters by highlighting the upper edges with a little silver





All that's left is to clean up the bases a little (that damn grass stuff gets everywhere) and then varnish them up to get rid of the shine.

I've got a few other things all finished up including Italian Airborne and Soviet assault engineers which I'll post up in the coming days.

No comments:

Post a Comment