Wednesday 29 June 2016

SS Charlemagne



I've been having laptop issues lately as its started to shutdown randomly hence the delay in getting these photos out to you. Got close several times to posting only to have it shutdown and to be honest the computer is lucky to be alive at this point as a rage hit was pretty close to happening..

Anyway here are my Warlord SS Charlemagne (Frenchies in German service). I really loved the look of these figures the second I saw them advertised so I had to have them. I started painting them over a year ago and they got sidelined when I picked up comissions but they are done now!

The photos were taken on a bit of a grey day as winter is ruining my natural light so they are a bit dull. Also the light colour highlights on the yellows and flesh seem to get washed out which is a shame. 


I had my first go at painting eyes and I was actually pretty happy with how most of them turned out. The Pea dot and Oakleaf B is also the first time I've had a crack. I'm really happy with them overall.







All the pea dot camo dots were done with a toothpick so I could get mostly circle shapes. You can also use it to create larger circle areas which is really useful.




 I've been experimenting with some Ammo Mig crystal lens colours to get some depth to the goggles. I really like them, they're basically a glaze that you apply in consecutive layers to get the right colours with the bonus of being reflective. Worth it I reckon


Bit of a mix of Pea dot, Oakleaf B and Italian camo on a few tent covers here. Might be too much but I reckon it creates a bit of visual interest.



Unfortunately the front photo of this guy got ruined by the auto touch up function on the computer and I'd already saved over the original but you get an idea of the field grey.




I wish the eyes showed up better in the photos and the flesh highlights but in reality I was super chuffed.






I tried to fix this photo after another auto touch up oversave but it wasn't really rescu-able in the end...

Anyway thanks for looking and always happy to hear critiques on how I could make them any better!

Until next time

No comments:

Post a Comment