Thursday 14 April 2016

A little Roman WIP


Ran out of light to get photos of these yesterday so I've taken a few shots this morning before I head off to work. Fairly early stages of these roman cav, I've really just put down basecoats on most of the figure and then a 1st highlight on the red cloth and saddlecloth. 

The skin has been basecoated with a 50/50 mix of Panzer Aces flesh base and Vallejo Medium fleshtone and then given a wash of GW Reikland Fleshade. I'll layer it up next with a mix of 50/50 Flesh base and Vallejo Dark flesh then add Vallejo Flat flesh into the mix to bring up the last highlights. This is a new mix I'm trying to get a more tanned/sunny skintone rather than my usual white







Tried doing some eyes for the first time, I've not really had the patience in the past nor thought that I could pull it off but these figs have some fairly nice eyes sculpted. I used off white to create a thin almond shape and then a dab of Army painter strong tone for the pupils. I don't reckon it looks too bad


Some average joes up next, I still need to highlight the helmets but I'll probably leave the chainmail in the darker colour. I've got 12 figs to do but I'm doing the 6 in chainmail first and I'll take the 6 in plate mail after.



The guy who's commissioning them is going to base them and add the weapons later which makes my life a little easier


I'll post up a couple more pictures once the guys are all painted and then I'll get to work on the horses, they'll most likely be a mix of browns, chesnuts and the odd black thrown in for good measure.


Happy painting!

2 comments: